I was having a look through the Spark Jump folder in GDrive (Search Spark Jump in GoogleDrive) yesterday and was reminded of what a great option it is for connecting some of our whanau who might be struggling with $10 weekly payments, etc. The beauty with Spark Jump is that it operates with top-ups, which is suited to many whanau.
“”Spark Jump has some significant benefits:
1. it is a pre-pay service; there are no term contracts or monthly bills;
2. it costs $15 for a 30 GB data pack (which expires after 30 days, so must be topped up monthly)
3. top ups can be made using Skinny vouchers (available at thousands of retailers),or using a debit or credit card;
4. it uses the 4G and 4G 700 wireless network; there is no need for copper or fibre
5. it can be set up in 10 minutes during a Computers in Homes or Stepping UP class.””
Please make sure you offer this option to your classes when giving the “Internet talk”! All trainers should be aware of it as well. The 2degrees option on offer is still better value for money, but Spark Jump has flexibility that could be a better fit for some.
Families need to check here to see if 4G is available to them:
Operational proceedures are clearly set out here:
You will also find wonderful presentations in the folder – great resources.
But wait there is more………. a Digital Step to use in class – awesome!!
Sue Kini is doing a great job getting libraries involved through Stepping Up, etc. Should you get a random “one off” inquiry, where no classes are nearby, check with SueK to see if there is a library in the area that may be able to assist them. This is a work in progress.