Over the next few days, coordinators will notice a change in their 2016-17 google sheet. Following suggestions from Christina and Kristina, I have given the 2016-17 google sheet a thorough over-haul, removing unused fields and grouping data elements to make things more accessible for coordinators. If you want a sneak preview, take a look at Auckland East, although a few other regions have already been migrated. You will not need to adjust any data that has already been entered, as this will automatically be moved to the new locations. Greyed columns and lines contain formulae or fixed data (such as family numbers) and must not be overwritten. Otherwise I think you will find the new sheets a delight to work with (that might be overstating things a bit, but I am sure you will quickly get what I mean).
Just a couple of ‘traps’ to watch out for:
- Reds, oranges and yellows remain and are conveniently summarised in the first few columns. If you think the count is wrong, you can change the number in cell A2 (e.g. from 1 to 2) and this will initiative a colour count update.
- Temporary Notes (column F) is for exactly what it says (temporary notes); these should only be a short ‘aide memoire’ that should be deleted when no longer required; longer notes that you would like preserved are welcome in column BF. The reason will be obvious to most of you who like to write screeds of notes – this quickly expands to the field to a point where the sheet becomes very hard to use.
- Do not enter the family email in column N; this is mirrored from column AO.
- You no longer need to enter the family contribution Payment Amount (column S), as this is determined by the AP Frequency (column R). Weekly = $10; Fortnightly = $20, Monthly = $40
- All the family contacts details have been moved towards the end of each sheet; these fields will be populated from the online registration forms.
As always, constructive feedback is welcome, but there is a lot of effort involved in updating and checking the sheets, so we can’t promise to accommodate all suggestions immediately.