Good news! 2degrees has agreed to provide temporary DSL connections for CIH families who are expected to have to wait more than 6 weeks for a fibre connection – for a one off fee of $99 (incl GST). We have agreed to pay this fee as part of the internet costs.
So what does this mean for you?
- In areas where UFB connections are available, UFB remains the first choice for CIH families, so you should continue to sign families up for this option.
- If 2degrees receives information from the local fibre company (or from a CIH Coordinator) that there is likely to be a delay of 6 weeks or more (for any reason) with the installation of the fibre connection, then 2degrees will provide a temporary DSL connection.
- Coordinators will need to provide a DSL modem and arrange for any local tech support to commission the service.
- When the fibre is available, 2degrees will courier the fibre modem to the family. Coordinators will then need to arrange for a tech to visit the family to recover the DSL modem and commission the fibre one.
- The 12-month sponsored internet will commence when the temporary DSL service is provided.
- Coordinators will need to monitor progress with these temporary connections (suggest that notes be kept in Google Docs) by keeping in touch with the family and with 2degrees.