CIH families in Housing NZ premises

I think we have mentioned this before, but a reminder always helps.

Any issues with the physical telephone line in Housing NZ premises must be referred to Housing NZ Service Centre (0800 801 601).  They will take responsibility for fixing things. Coordinators may call and explain the problem, but Housing NZ might also require the CIH family (their tenant) to also call and validate the request.

The connection from the street to the house is called the service line.  It might be aerial – this is easy to spot – or underground.  Either way there will be a termination box on the outside of the house.

If a UFB connection is required, landlord permission is required before the connection can proceed.  Housing NZ has processes in place for managing these requests.  Ramesh Gupta manages this for Housing NZ.  He can be contacted on:


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s